– Nori – get the roasted and salted kind
– Brown Rice – short grain, 1 1/2 cups
– Shrimp – cooked and peeled (1 pound, extra large)
– Avocado – very thin slices
– Cucumber – very thin slices (seeded)
– Sesame Seeds – black
– Roe – (small container)
– Scallions – thinly sliced, lengthwise
– Rice Vinegar – 1/4 cup (to taste)
– Mayonnaise – Hellmans
– Lemon Peel
– Prepared Seaweed Salad – (available in most sushi supply shops and major supermarkets)
– Pickled Ginger
– Soy Sauce
– Tamari (wheat-free)
Sushi Recipe For Brown Rice & Shrimp Cones.Mix 1 1/2 cups of brown rice with 3 cups cold water. Bring to boil and immediately cover and turn to lowest heat setting. Leave for 40-45 minutes. When done, add rice vinegar and stir. Transfer to a colander to cool quickly.
Chop shrimp into half inch pieces and add desired amount of mayo.
Roll Your Cones
The most important part of Temaki zushi, or hand rolls is to make sure not to over stuff them with rice. We find that 4-6 tablespoons is plenty. Add your shrimp mix and any combination of other ingredients to taste. Season with wasabi, ginger and soya sauce.